ASUS devices with Tile technology
The following devices have Tile finding technology built in.
How Tile works with ASUS devices
Your PC is Tile-enabled. Once activated, it works like a Tile would:
- Find the PC with the Tile Detector (up to 250 feet)
- View the PC’s last known location on a map
- Enlist the power of the Tile Network
Before activating Tile on ASUS device
Check required settings on ASUS device
You can access the following settings from the Start button (Microsoft Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the PC screen).
- Internet connection: Start > Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi > Set to On
- Notifications: Start > Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Set to On
- Bluetooth: Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Set to On
- Location: Start > Settings > Privacy > Location > Allow apps to access your location > Set to On
Check Bluetooth driver
- Select Search (magnifying glass icon on the bottom left corner of the PC screen).
- In the search box, type Device Manager and then press Enter.
- Select Device Manager from the search results.
- Double-click Bluetooth to display the options.
- Double-click Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R).
- Select the Driver tab.
- Select Update Driver > Search automatically for drivers.
Activate Tile on ASUS device
Step 1: Activate Tile on your PC
Complete the following steps on the ASUS device.
- Download and install the Tile Windows app from the Microsoft Store:
Start > Microsoft Store > Search for tile > Get.
- Select Open to launch the app.
- If you have an existing Tile account, sign in with your Tile account email and password.
- If you do not have an existing Tile account, select Get Started to create an account.
- If you get a notification about permissions required by Tile, change the settings and then tap Continue.
- If you see the option below, select the green + sign.
- Select Begin Activation.
Step 2: Download and sign into the Tile mobile app
Complete the following steps on your compatible mobile device.
- Download the latest version of the Tile app.
- Launch the Tile app and sign in with your Tile account email and password. The home screen of the Tile app shows the ASUS device activated as a Tile.
- Check the permissions settings on your mobile device to make sure all available Tile features will work properly.
Step 3: Use the Tile mobile app to “find” your PC
- From the Tile app on the mobile device, tap the Find button.
- As you get closer to the ASUS device, the green rings on the Tile Detector light up (left image) and fade (right image) as you get further away.
The Tile app can find the PC if t is:
- Within Bluetooth range of up to 250 feet
- In any of these 2 power states: On and Modern Standby (on Modern Standby status for up to 4 days)
More Tile finding features
Find ASUS device when it is out of range
If you want to ring the ASUS device and the green Find button is not showing on the Tile mobile app, the device is not within Bluetooth range.
Learn how to find the device’s last known location. This is the last place the device and the Tile app connected.
Find lost ASUS device
If the device is lost, learn how to turn on Tile's Notify When Found feature.
Learn more about how the Tile network helps you find your Tiled items.
Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect
Premium and Premium Protect subscribers can: