Transferring your Tile
If you want to give your Tile to someone else but you’ve already activated it, we can help!
To start, the person who you want to give the Tile to needs to have an active Tile account, so first ask them to sign up!
Next, log in to your Tile app account and:
1. Swipe to the left on the Tile you would like to transfer
2. Tap the "...", and then select "Transfer Tile"
3. Enter the email of the account you would like to transfer the Tile to (and confirm)
4. Your Tile will be immediately transferred! Note: if the Tile was shared, once the transfer is complete the Tile will no longer be shared.
If you're having any trouble, email* us at email@example.com with the following information so we can transfer your Tile:
- The email address associated with the account the Tile is currently on.
- The email address associated with the account you’d like to transfer your Tile to.
- The Tile ID or name of the Tile you’d like to transfer.
*Please use the email address associated with your Tile account so that we can verify your request. We will not be able to fulfill a transfer request through chat or form submission for security purposes.
How do I find my Tile ID?
It’s easy! Choose the Tile you’re trying to identify in the app and click “Options”, and then “Details”. Your Tile’s ID will be listed there!
How will this affect a shared Tile?
If you’re already sharing the Tile that you want to transfer, once you transfer the Tile it will no longer be shared with the other user.
The only person who will be able to view the Tile once it’s transferred is the person to whom it was transferred. They can, however, share that Tile with another person if they choose to!