Sometimes, making the Tile play the activation tune takes a little elbow grease:
- Pick up your Tile so that your thumb covers the "Tile” button.
- Press the "Tile” button firmly once for 1 second, and then let go. (You won’t break it -- go for it!)
- Your un-activated Tile will play a tune
- Activate your Tile!
Tiles that have already been added to an account do not play a tune when the "Tile” button is pressed once.
Please make sure the Tile that you are trying to activate is not already active in your account by tapping “Find” one by one for all of the connected Tiles in your app to make them ring.
Was your Tile a gift?
If you received Tile as a gift, or purchased it secondhand, it’s possible that your Tile is already linked to another account.
Please contact the person who you received your Tile from and ask them to transfer the Tile to you.
Still need help?
If the above steps were not helpful, please try the following:
- Update your phone and app to their latest software versions.
- Turn off your phone for 2 minutes, then turn it back on.
- Open your app and leave it open for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze firmly on the "Tile" button of your Tile for 1 second.
- Your Tile should play a tune, but even if it didn’t, continue the activation process as if it did. Begin by pressing the “+” in the corner of the app.
If your Tile doesn’t activate after 3 minutes, please contact us!