You can use your Tile to find your phone -- even if it's on silent mode!
- First, you'll want to make sure that the app is running in the background of your phone, and that your phone is in range of your Tiles.
- Next, firmly double press the “Tile” button to make your phone ring!
- You'll see a notification on the lock screen of your mobile device, letting you know which Tile you rang your device from. Here's an example:
Disabling Find Your Phone with Tile (iOS Only)
You have the option to disable the feature of ringing your phone from your Tile(s).
- Tap into the Tile that you wish to disable from being able to ring your phone from the card view
- Tap "Options"
- Tap "Details"
- Under the "Actions" section, you'll see a toggle for "Find Your Phone"
- Switch the toggle to off (from green to gray) to disable "Find Your Phone"
Your Tile makes a "heartbeat" melody when it can't establish a connection with your device to ring it.
When you double-press the button on your Tile to make your phone ring, are you hearing a slow beeping sound and your phone is staying silent? Don't worry! This is your Tile letting you know that it's searching for a connection, but it can't seem to find your device.
Your Tile will beep 5 times like a "heartbeat" when you double-press the button on your Tile if:
- Your Tile is out of range of your device
- Bluetooth is not enabled
- The app is closed on your device
To prevent Tile from sounding its "heartbeat", always ensure:
- Your device's Bluetooth is enabled
- The app is open and running in the foreground or background of your device at all times
- Your Tile and device are in range of each other
Now, try double-pressing the button on your Tile to test if it has established a connection. Your Tile should now ring your phone successfully, confirming that it has established a connection with your device.
**Please note that if your Android device is in Do Not Disturb - Total Silence mode, the Tile app will not be able to make your phone ring. A notification will still appear in the phone's lock screen that Tile is ringing your phone, but there will be no sound with the alert.
To be able to keep your Android device on Do Not Disturb, but still be able to ring it using your Tile, switch your Do Not Disturb mode to Alarms Only or Priority Only.
Still Having Trouble Finding Your Phone?
If you're still having trouble finding your phone with your Tile, just log into your Tile app on any device or the website, web.thetileapp.com, to see your phone’s last location, to make it ring, or to send a lock-screen message to those who might find it.
To learn more about how to find your phone from the website, click here.