Our Pocket is great for keeping track of your favorite coat, jacket, or blanket!
WARNING: Please be careful using your iron. Do not allow children near the iron while it is hot—this is a job for adults only. REMOVE YOUR TILE FROM THE POCKET BEFORE BEGINNING TO IRON. Do not apply the Pocket to silk, nylon, furs, polyester, or other delicate fabrics that may be harmed by the ironing process. Fabrics like denim and cotton provide the best base for iron-on patches. As a general rule, the fabric you choose should be at least as heavy as the patch.
Follow the instructions below to use your Pocket:
1. Think about design and placement ahead of time. Before you heat up the iron, lay out your jacket, clothing, or backpack and decide exactly where you want the Pocket to be placed.
2. Lay your clothing onto a flat, heat-resistant surface. An ironing board is recommended, but a doubled-up bath towel on a sturdy table could substitute.
3. Heat your iron to the hottest setting your fabric can tolerate. Make sure the "steam" option is turned on, and that your iron is empty of water.
4. Lay the Pocket where you want it on your item with the adhesive side down.
5. Carefully place a thin towel over the Pocket without moving it. The towel will protect the Pocket itself and the surrounding fabric of your item.
6. Position the heated iron over the Pocket and press straight down. Hold the iron there for about 15 seconds. Apply as much pressure as you can by pressing down firmly. Do not rub the iron onto the towel and the Pocket.
7. Remove the iron and allow the Pocket to cool. Lift the towel and check to see whether the Pocket is fixed on securely by gently rubbing at the edge with a finger, trying to lift it. If it lifts up a bit, replace the towel and press it with the iron again for 10 seconds.
8. Be sure to turn off your iron and unplug it. Keep the hot iron away from children and flammable objects until it is completely cooled down.
9. Once the Pocket has cooled down, put your Tile into the Pocket and make sure it is secure.