Purpose: This is a temporary HCA that walks you through how to refund customers if they purchased their order using their Amazon Pay account.
Overview: Now that customers have the ability to make their Tile purchase using Amazon Pay, there is a new process for providing a refund for these orders. Follow the steps below to learn how to refund an Amazon Pay order.
- Copy the RTN record from the list of customers that need to be refunded, and search for the record in NetSuite
- Copy the email address associated with the RTN# the customer used to place an order
- Sign into Amazon Seller Central with your login credentials
- At the top of the screen, hover over Orders
- Click Manage Transactions
- In the far, right-hand side, identify the search bar.
- Select Buyer Email
- Enter the email address you copied from NetSuite (associated with the RTN record in step 1), and click Search
- Search for the Amazon Reference ID with the date that matches the date of the original SO
- To be sure that a refund has not already been issued, click into the Amazon Reference ID in blue. You'll be directed to the customer's Transaction History. Check to see that there's no refund record associated with the Amazon Reference ID.
- Back to the Amazon Reference ID, to the far right, choose the option Refund
- A window will pop up. Click into Refund amount to apply the correct refund amount (reference the RTN record in NetSuite)
- In the notes, please enter the following phrase:
Returned for a full refund, associated with Rtn######
- Click Review
- Click Refund
- At the top, copy the Amazon Reference ID
- Click Continue
- Go back to the RTN record in NetSuite, and click Edit
- Paste the Amazon Reference ID you copied from Amazon Pay into the Memo field of the Credit Memo.
- Click Save
- Click Credit
- Click Save