Skullcandy’s Venue Headphone model with Tile Finding Power
What are the Skullcandy Venue headphones?
The Venue headphones from Skullcandy are over-ear Bluetooth headphones with Active Noise Cancellation and Tile finding power built right in - simply activate with the Tile app and you'll be ready to find with Tile!
Please note that only the Venue model of Skullcandy headphones have Tile finding capabilities. You may be interested to look at Skullcandy's Quick Start Guide for the Venue headphones at their website.
How does Tile work with the Skullcandy Venue headphones?
The Tile technology is built into your Venue headphones and, once activated, works in the same three ways as a Tile normally would:
- Enlist the power of your community
- *Please note that unlike Tile devices, the Skullcandy Venue headphones are not able to find/ring your phone.
Your Venue headphones utilize Tile’s Bluetooth tracking technology to find your headphones if they're hiding nearby or see the location of where your headphones were last connected, all within the Tile app on your phone.
Do I need to download a special app?
If you don't yet have a Tile account, please download our app here to create an account to join our Tile Community (it’s free!), then follow the steps below to activate the headphones:
How do I activate my Venue headphones?
- Simply download our app with your smartphone or tablet
- Create and confirm your account
- Open the Tile app and tap the "+" sign, then tap to select "Skullcandy - Venue wireless headphones”
- Follow the on-screen instructions - you’ll want to make sure the headphones are charged and powered on in order to activate the Tile integration! The Venue headphones have Rapid Charge which will give you 15 hours of battery with just 10 minutes of charging if they need a little power.
- Hold your headphones close to your phone until you see the successful message that activation has completed.
If you already have a Tile account, just follow steps 3-5 to activate your Venue to your Tile account. After activation, you'll be able to locate and ring your headphones!
Will my Skullcandy Venue headphones with Tile integration ever expire or need to be replaced?
Nope! The Skullcandy Venue headphones do not need to be replaced or reTiled. Once activated with the Tile app, the Tile finding features will be available as long as you have the headphones and simply uses the headphones' built-in rechargeable battery.
Can I get a refund or warranty replacement for my Skullcandy Venue headphones?
All refunds and warranties are fulfilled through Skullcandy. You can contact Skullcandy on their website with a variety of support options.
I’m having trouble with my Skullcandy Venue headphones, can you help?
Not to worry, we’re here to help! You can find Frequently Asked Questions and quick troubleshooting tips below:
- “I tried activating my Venue headphones but I am getting “verification timed out” error message. What’s happening?
- This message may appear if the Tile app doesn’t detect that you’ve pressed the buttons on your Venue headset. If you are pressing the buttons as seen in the app instructions please continue below:
- Verify that you are activating Skullcandy Venue wireless headphone model. The Tile App will not recognize other Skullcandy headphone models.
- Check that your phone’s Bluetooth connection is ON. If yes, please refresh the Bluetooth connection by turning Bluetooth OFF and then back ON.
- Check the battery level of your headset. The Venue headset has Rapid Charge which will give you 15 hours of battery with just 10 minutes of charging.
- Retry activation once more, and if it’s still not activating after performing the above steps, please contact Skullcandy support.
- I’m seeing a “Previously Activated” error message when I try to activate my Venue headphones, what’s going on?
- Your Skullcandy headphones only need to be activated once. If you see the Skullcandy headphones in your Tile app, then you do not need to activate a second time!
- If needed, move away from all other Tiles that are nearby during Activation
- Turn off/on Bluetooth (iOS) or Airplane Mode (Android). A last resort is to restart phone to clear out any Bluetooth errors
- If you are still seeing this error message after trying the above steps, please reach out to Skullcandy support for a replacement.
- My Tile app is not showing a connection to my Venue headphones, what can I do?
- Make sure your headset is charged, if the battery is below 10%, the headphones will not power on and cannot be detected by any phone or the Tile app.
- If your headphones are low, simply charge it for 10 minutes to give you 5 hours of battery life with the Venue’s Rapid Charge capabilities. You’ll get a full charge in 2.5 hours of charging.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone
- Restart Bluetooth, Airplane Mode or the phone itself if the headphones continue not to connect to the Tile app.
- When I tap “Find” in the Tile app, I can’t quite hear the ringing of the Venue headphones, why is that?
- When you tap the “Find” button to locate the headphones, the “Power on” voiceover will play on the headphones, then the tune will start. This will delay the ringing by a few seconds, but wait for the tune and it will play!
- I’m using an Android phone and I don’t see the Proximity Meter working with my Venue headphones, why is that?
- Regrettably, the Android OS does not support the Proximity Meter feature for the Venue headphones.
- The Tile App does not give me the correct location of my Venue headphones. How do I fix this?
- The Tile app relies on the location information in your phone, and sometimes it needs some adjusting. On your mobile phone’s settings, confirm location permissions are granted to Tile app.
- Try the following our troubleshooting steps to find your Venue headphones on the map. You should be able to locate your venue headphones in no time!
- For Android users, please be sure to check battery saving options as that can affect the frequency of location updates or close the Tile app altogether.
- This can be resolved by adding the Tile app to the “Unrestricted list” of apps to allow the Tile app to run in background even if there’s no interaction with the app for a few hours.
- One other item to check is the native maps application of the phone, especially if you have not opened it recently, this can contribute to an incorrect GPS reading of the phone itself. Kindly open Apple Maps for iOS or Google Maps for Android.
- Lastly, Android relies on significant location change to update the location of the Tile(s), so if you have not changed location recently, that may be why the app hasn’t refreshed the location.
- I want to activate my new Venue headphones but I don’t see the Skullcandy logo in my Tile app, instead I just see a standard Tile icon. What can I do?
- Not to worry, this can happen if the Tile app has not downloaded the Skullcandy images.
- To fix this, check that you have a stable internet connection, then force close the app by swiping it away and open the Tile app again to see if Skullcandy is now visible.
- If this does not resolve the issue and the headset has been activated as a Tile Original, please contact us to further assist you.
- I want to remove the Tile integration from my Skullcandy Venue headphones. How can I do this?
Firstly, you have the option to Hide the Tile to temporarily stop seeing the Location of the Tile by selecting “Hide Tile” in the Tile Details screen. This is our recommended option as you can unhide the Tile at any time in the future without needing to reactivate the Tile integration on the headphones.
If you’d like to continue with removing the Tile from your account and headphones, we hate to see you go but you can remove the Tile integration from the Skullcandy Venue headphones by opening the Tile app and following the below steps:
- Tap the Tile card for your Skullcandy headphones
- Tap the “Options” visible underneath the Find button
- Tap “Details”
- At the bottom of the screen tap “Reset”
You’ll see a pop-up message to confirm that continuing the reset will no longer locate your Venue headphones with Tile. Tap “Continue” to confirm the Reset.
Unlike physical Tiles, you can re-activate the Tile integration on the Venue at any time by tapping the “+” button in the Tile app and going through the Activation steps for the Skullcandy Venue headphones once again.
If you have any further questions not answered above, please contact us - we'd love to learn the details of your situation and help in any way we can.