Tile is compatible with both iOS and Android devices only. Phones with Windows OS are explicitly not supported by Tile.
Tile is compatible with the following iOS devices running iOS 10 and newer:
- iPhone 5s* or newer
- iPad (Regular, Pro or Mini)
- Apple Watch Series 2 or newer (Requires iPhone 5s or above with iOS 10 or newer)
*Please note that while the iPhone 5S (and iPhone SE) are compatible with the Tile app, the screen size is unofficially supported. This means there may be visual bugs on-screen but the app will retain all proper functionalities.
New iOS devices will be supported as they become available, as long as they have Bluetooth 4.0 support. Please note that users running any beta versions may encounter app stability issues.
What Android phones will Tile officially work with? As long as the devices listed below are running Android 6.0 or newer, they are officially compatible with Tile!
- Google Pixel/XL and Pixel 2/2 XL
- Samsung Galaxy (S5 or newer)
- Samsung Note 8
- Nexus (5X or newer)
There are many different Android devices on the market. If your Android device is not on this official compatibility list, that means we have not officially tested Tile with your device type. There is a good chance Tile is compatible as long as your device is running Android 6.0 or newer and has Bluetooth 4.0, but we cannot guarantee the same level of technical support in troubleshooting scenarios.
*If you are running iOS 9 or older and Android 5.0 or older, the latest version of our app that you will be able to download is 2.27.
What devices will not work with Tile?
1. Any devices that do not have Bluetooth 4.0 or BLE, will not work. These handsets do not have the hardware to communicate with our Tile hardware or companion app.
2. Any devices running not-yet-completed Operating System versions (ex: iOS or Android Beta releases) may experience technical difficulties. The Tile app is tested with and intended to be used by mobile devices running full, public-release versions of the iOS and Android Operating Systems.
Tile is also not liable for functionality or lack thereof with jailbroken devices as a jailbroken device usage is against our Terms of Service for Warranty outlined here.
At this time, the application is only designed to run on mobile devices, as the community relies on proximity to a device in order to locate a missing item. We plan to explore enhanced capabilities later in our growth plan.
*UPDATE 10/14/2016: Apple's iPhone 7 running iOS 10.0 and under can only handle 2 Tile connections. iPhone 7 running iOS 10.2 and later connect to 5 Tiles. Please contact support if you have questions.