If the Jiobit is in a poor coverage area or something is blocking the signal to the device, the app may display the message CONNECTING TO JIOBIT. While the Jiobit works to establish an updated location, it will display the last known location reported to our servers.
Due to the risk of signal interference, we recommend that you keep the Jiobit device away from:
- Metal objects (like dog tags or belt buckles, metal key rings looped through the Jiobit where the attachments clip in)
- The underside of your cat or dog
- To avoid having your furry friend laying on the Jiobit and blocking the antennas, we recommend placement clipped onto a light harness
- Heavy layers of clothing
- The depths of a backpack or purse
- Shoes (highly recommend avoiding this placement)
It’s also extremely important to make sure the Jiobit is positioned correctly in order to avoid interference and unnecessary battery drain. Position the grey side of the Jiobit outwards and clear of obstructions (i.e., not hidden deep within a backpack or under a pet’s neck). Need more attachment options? Browse our available accessories.