Before you change your account email address
- Ensure you have the latest version of your mobile device’s operating system and the Tile app.
- Make sure your cellular or Wi-Fi data connection is working.
- Use an email address that does not already have a Tile account associated with it.
- If the email address you would like to use shows that it is taken, and you have access to this email, contact us so we can assist you.
- You need to be signed in to your Tile app to access your Settings screen.
- You will be asked to enter your password for security purposes. If you have forgotten your password, visit Change My Tile Password for help.
- Passwords are case-sensitive and must include one letter, one number, and be at least 8 characters long.
- Password reset emails will be sent to your current Tile account email address, not to the new email address you are trying to set up.
- After you change your account email address, your previous email will no longer be associated with your Tile account. Your Tile app will be updated with your new email and you will have access to your activated Tiles.
Change the email address for your Tile account
- On the home screen of the Tile app, tap Settings at the top right corner.
- Select Manage Account.
- Select Email.
- On the Email screen, enter your new email address.
- Enter your Tile account password.
- Tap on Next. You will receive a confirmation code in the new email address you provided.
- Enter the confirmation code provided in the email. The Tile app then displays the message “Your email address has been changed.” You will also receive an email in your old email address informing you your Tile email address has been updated.
- Do not enter the confirmation code if you decide not to change your email address. Instead, select the Cancel email change link.