If you are unable to change your Tile account email address, check out the possible errors and fixes below.
Error message: No connection. Please check your internet connectivity.
Make sure your cellular or Wi-Fi data connection is working and then try changing your account email address again.
Error message: Please enter a valid email.
Enter your new email address carefully, and verify before tapping Next.
Email is already in use
Error message: Email is already in use.
Use another email address and enter it carefully.
Invalid password or password character length
Error message: Please enter a password with at least %d characters in length, or Invalid password
Enter your password carefully. If you have forgotten your password, visit our Password Recovery page for help.
Password reset email not sent
Error message: Failed to send password reset email.
The email functionality may not be working at the moment. Please try changing your account email address again at a later time.
Error message: Invalid code
If you got the confirmation code less than 60 minutes ago, try entering it carefully. If it has been more than 60 minutes, the code may have expired. Tap the Don't have the code? Send again link.
Maximum number of attempts
Error message: You have reached the maximum number of attempts.
You may have entered the incorrect confirmation code more than three times. After you tap Ok on the error message, the app takes you back to the Settings screen. Start the process again by completing the following steps:
- For iOS, select Manage Account.
- Select Email.
- Enter your new email address.
- Enter your Tile account password.
- Tap Next. You will receive a new confirmation code in the new email address you provided.
- Enter the new confirmation code provided in the email. The Tile app then displays the message "Your email address has been changed." You will also receive an email in your old email address informing you your Tile email address has been updated.