If you have set up your Smart Alerts for a specific Tile, you should receive Smart Alerts when your mobile device has traveled outside its location boundary (geofence) for more than 10 minutes.
- Not receiving Smart Alerts notifications
- Receiving Smart Alerts for locations you did not specify
- Location in Smart Alerts notifications is wrong
- Receiving False Smart Alerts
- Error Message: “There are no Tiles to set up for Smart Alerts”
Not receiving Smart Alerts notifications
- Your device is compatibility with the Tile app.
- The Tile app is up to date and open.
- Your mobile device’s (iOS or Android) operating system is the current version.
- There is an internet connection through cellular or WiFi.
- The notifications are coming from the correct Tile.
- The distance and time requirements for the feature to work.
- The Permission settings are correct.
- The permission settings specific to Smart Alerts are enabled.
- Open the Tile app.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select Smart Alerts Permissions
- If you see a warning icon next to a setting, you need to change that setting.
- Confirm the following are set to On for:
- Bluetooth Sharing
- Motion & Fitness
- Background App Refresh
- Location is set to Always.
- The Battery saving mode (low battery mode, battery optimization, battery saver, etc.) is not enabled.
- If it is enabled, either disable this mode or add the Tile app as an exception.
- If the Tile you set up Smart Alerts on is shared, unshare the Tile then check for Smart Alerts notifications again. (This is just for troubleshooting purposes, you can share the Tile again after you test it.)
- The Tile rings when tapping on the Find button.
- If the Tile does not ring, the Tile’s battery may be low or dead. For Tiles with a replaceable battery, learn how to replace the battery.
- If there is third-party software that can block or disable apps and notifications such as anti-virus or Covid tracing apps. (You may need to disable this software to use the feature.)
After confirming the above, if you are still not receiving Smart Alerts try the following:
- Disable and re-enable Smart Alerts.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Tile app.
- Force close all apps from the recent apps page on your device.
- Restart your mobile device.
- For Samsung Devices
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Battery and Device Care.
- Tap Battery.
- Tap Background Usage Limits.
- Select Never Sleep Apps and verify if Tile is on the list.
- If not, tap the (+) at the top right.
- Select Tile from the list and Tap Add.
- Relaunch the Tile app.
- Select the Tile and ring it.
- Test the Smart Alerts feature again.
Receiving False Smart Alerts
Tap the Find button in the app to ring your Tile.
- If the Tile does not ring, the Tile’s battery may be low or dead.
- For Tiles with a replaceable battery, learn how to replace the battery.
- If the Tile does ring, this indicates the Tile app is working since it recognized the move in location. However, the time limit for it to search the Tile and connect timed out without a connection which caused the false Smart Alert.
- Follow the troubleshooting steps in My Tile Isn't Connecting.
Receiving Smart Alerts for a location you did not specify
- On the home screen of your Tile app, select the Tile that is sending the Smart Alerts from a location you did not specify.
- Stay on this Tile’s screen for 4 minutes to allow time for firmware updates.
- After 4 minutes, scroll down to and select Smart Alerts.
- Select Anywhere Alerts if you wish to receive notifications when you leave things behind anywhere.
- If you wish to receive Smart Alerts from specific locations, add those locations.
- Force close all apps from the recent apps page.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Relaunch the Tile app and connect to your Tiles.
Location in Smart Alerts notifications is wrong
Error Message: “There are no Tiles to set up for Smart Alerts”
If you are trying to set up Smart Alerts for a TIle GEN2 (the back of the Tile has 3 small holes lined up vertically), the app displays a message that there are no Tiles.
Gen 2 Tiles have legacy hardware that predates Smart Alerts, and will only allow either Find Your Phone or Smart Alerts. If you want to set up Smart Alerts, you have to disable Find Your Phone for that Tile