Tile has integrated with Google, so you can utilize voice-based finding in the home. Google Nest speakers bring you the best of Google to help locate and ring your Tiles via Bluetooth - so you don’t need your phone or Tile app nearby in order for your Tiles to ring.
How Google Assistant works with Tile
Google Assistant can assist you in finding your things by using Tile technology. You can ask Google to ring your Tile or check your Tile’s last known location.
Link Tile account with Google Assistant
- Download the Tile app (iOS | Android) and the Google Home app (iOS | Android) and sign in to both apps.
- Add your Tiles to your Tile app account if you haven’t done so yet.
- On the home screen of the Tile app, tap on Settings at the top right corner.
- Scroll down to Smart Home, then select Smart Home Hub.
- Below Google Assistant, select Link Account to open the Google Home app.
- Tap on the + sign at the top left left corner of the screen.
- Select Set up device.
- Select Works with Google.
- Select the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the screen and search for Tile.
- Scroll down and select Log In. Do not select Log in with Facebook.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your Tile account.
- Set up Voice Match and make sure it's turned on so Google Assistant can recognize your voice and know it’s you asking for your Tiles.
Use Tile with Google Assistant
You can ring your Tile by saying:
- “Ok Google, ring my (laptop, keys).”
- “Ok Google, make my (backpack, water bottle, wallet) ring.”
You can ask for the location of your Tile by saying:
- “Ok Google, where is my (purse, camera, tablet)?”
- “Ok Google, find my (gym bag, passport, bike).”
Devices that have Google Assistant
Google Assistant is available on:
- Google Nest speakers such as:
- Google Home Max
- Google Home
- Google Mini
- Google Nest Audio
- Android phones and tablets
- iOS devices (iPhone and iPad)
Available Languages in Tile Skill on Google Assistant
The Tile action is available in the following languages:
- German (de-DE)
- French (fr)
- Spanish (es)
- Portuguese (pt)
- Italian (it-IT)
- Japanese (ja-JP)
- Korean (ko-KR)
- Danish (da-DK)
- Norwegian (no-NO)
- Hindi (hi-IN)
- Indonesian (id-ID)
- Dutch (nl-NL)
- Swedish (sv-SE)
- Thai (th-TH)
“Voice Not Validated” Error when attempting to find Tile
If you receive this error, you will need to teach your Google assistant your voice again.
Google Assistant with Tile Inquiries
- Google Assistant can ring and locate your Tiles through third-party devices (such as Sonos speakers). You need a mobile device that has the Tile app installed and running nearby so the Tile app can tell your device to ring your nearby Tile.
- You can use Google Assistant to determine the last location your Tile was seen (you may hear a response like, “Your keys were last seen at 9 pm near Home”).To check that your Google Nest speaker is connected and working, try a simple action, such as checking the weather.
- If you and a family member each have a Tile with the same name, Google Assistant will identify who is asking for the Tile and ring the appropriate device. Google Assistant will ensure the query is coming from you (via Voice Match)