You can now use Tile with Google Home smart speaker! Ask Google Home to help you:
- Ring your Tile
- Ring your Phone
- Hear the last location your Tile was seen
**To enable this awesome feature, you will need both the Google Home app and Google Assistant!
How do I sync Tile with Google Home?
There are two ways to sync your Tile account with your Google Home - the Google Home app or the Google Assistant app.
Using the Google Home App:
- Launch the Google Home app on your mobile device
- Tap the Account icon in the bottom right corner
- Under General Settings, tap "Settings"
- From here, tap on the Services tab and then tap "Explore". You will then be re-directed to search for the Google Action you want. We'll type in "Tile" here.
- Select the Tile action and tap the blue "Link" button.
- Our Tile log in page will appear. Enter in your Tile account email and password to log in!
- Once you log into your Tile account, you will be redirected back to Google Assistant.
- Then, say "Ok Google, ask Tile to find my keys."
- Google Assistant will respond with a message confirming it is communicating with the Tile app. It will say something like, "Sure. Let's get Tile" or "Okay. Here's Tile".
- Now, your Tile will ring! And Tile is successfully linked to Google Assistant and Google Home.
- If you have multiple Tiles on the same kind of item - for example, if you have two sets of keys with a Tile on both sets - you will have to identify to Google which keys you would like it to ring by saying, "Select First" or "Select Second".
Using the Google Assistant App:
- If you are an Android user, please make sure Google Assistant is enabled on your phone. If you are an iPhone user, please make sure you have the Google Assistant app downloaded from the app store!
- Tap on the Explore icon - it looks like a compass!
- Type "Tile" into the Search bar, then tap on "Tile" when it appears
- Tap "Link" to set up your Tile account
- Link will load Tile's web login site, where you enter your Tile account login information
- After signing in, the page will autoload back to Tile's app directory page
- Then Google Assistant's Tile Action is ready to use!
How do I ring my Tile and/or phone using Google Home?
For Google Home: simply say "Ok Google, ask Tile ____ "
- To ring your Tile: Simply say "Ok Google, ask Tile to ring my Keys" or substitute your Tile's specific name at the end.
- To ring your phone: Say "Ok Google, ask Tile to find my phone".
To find out the last known location of your Tile: Say "Ok Google, ask Tile where my wallet is"
Please keep in mind that the Tile app does need to be open and running in the background of your device at all times for Google Assistant to be able to communicate with the Tile app.
What's the range?
Your Tile and your mobile device must be within range and connected to each other for Google Home to ring your Tile and phone. Tile's direct range is Bluetooth connectivity range of 30 to 100 feet.
If a family member and I both have our own Tiles with the same name (i.e. Keys), how do I make sure Google Home rings the right Tile?
At this time, only one account can be connected with Google Home. You can easily share Tiles though so they can show up on your family or friends account.
Do I need an internet connection for Google Home to work?
Yes, an internet connection is required for Google Home to talk to your Tiles. Please also ensure that the Tile app and Google's Assistant app are running on your connected smartphone.
How many Tiles can Google Assistant find? Is there a limit?
There is no limit on the total number of individual Tiles you can have in your Tile account, however for a single category of Tiles - like Keys or Wallet - the maximum number of Tiles in a category is 10.
This means if you have more than 10 Tiles with the category Keys, Google Assistant will not be able to find your desired Tile. You can fix this by changing the category for one of your Tiles to a different category.
You'll know Google Assistant is working properly when it lists out your multiple Keys Tiles by name. Respond with "Select [First, Second, etc.]" to select the Tile you'd like to ring.
What if my Google Home can't connect to and ring my Tile or phone?
Have no fear! We can help! Make sure your Google Home is connected and working by trying another easy action such as checking the weather. If it's still not working, contact us and we will help resolve the issue quickly.
*The Tile action in the Google Home app store is available in the U.S. (except Puerto Rico), Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Please note that although it is available in these countries, only U.S. English language is supported.