You can now use Tile with Google Home smart speakers! Ask Google Home to help you:
1. Ring your Tile
2. Ring your Phone
3. Hear the last location your Tile was seen
How do I sync Tile with Google Home?
To enable this awesome feature, you'll need to connect Tile to your Google Home. To get started, download the Google Assistant app on your phone and log in with your Google account (the account you use for Google Home). Now follow the instructions below to connect Tile to Google Assistant:
- Press the microphone button on the Google Assistant app and say, "Ask Tile to find my keys".
- You'll hear a message and see a text box that says, "Looks like your Tile account is not linked yet". Underneath this text box, a clickable button that says, "Link Tile to Google" will appear. Tap this button.
- Once you've tapped the "Link Tile to Google" button, our Tile log in page will appear. Enter in your Tile account email and password to log in!
- Once you log into your Tile account, you will be redirected back to Google Assistant.
- Then, say "Ok Google, ask Tile to find my keys."
- Google Assistant will respond with a message confirming it is communicating with the Tile app. It will say something like, "Sure. Let's get Tile" or "Okay. Here's Tile".
- Now, your Tile will ring! And Tile is successfully linked to Google Assistant.
How do I ring my Tile and/or phone using Google Home?
For Google Home: simply say "Ok Google, ask Tile ____ "
- To ring your Tile: Simply say "Ok Google, ask Tile to ring my Keys" or substitute your Tile's specific name at the end.
- To ring your phone: Say "Ok Google, ask Tile to find my phone".
To find out the last known location of your Tile: Say "Ok Google, ask Tile where my wallet is"
Please keep in mind that the Tile app does need to be open and running in the background of your device at all times for Google Assistant to be able to communicate with the Tile app.
What's the range?
Your Tile and your mobile device must be within range and connected to each other for Google Home to ring your Tile and phone. Tile's direct range is Bluetooth connectivity range of 30 to 100 feet.
If a family member and I both have our own Tiles with the same name (i.e. Keys), how do I make sure Google Home rings the right Tile?
At this time, only one account can be connected with Google Home. You can easily share Tiles though so they can show up on your family or friends account.
Do I need an internet connection for Google Home to work?
Yes, an internet connection is required for Google Home to talk to your Tiles. Please also ensure that the Tile app and Google's Assistant app are running on your connected smartphone.
What if my Google Home can't connect to and ring my Tile or phone?
Oh no! We can help! Make sure your Google Home is connected and working by trying another easy action such as checking the weather. If it's still not working, contact us and we will help resolve the issue quickly.
*The Tile action in the Google Home app store is available in the U.S. (except Puerto Rico), Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Please note that although it is available in these countries, only English language is supported.