You can now use Tile with Google Home smart speaker! Ask Google Home to help you:
1. Ring your Tile
2. Ring your Phone
3. Hear the last location your Tile was seen
**To enable this awesome feature, you will need both the Google Home app and Google Assistant!
How do I sync Tile with Google Home?
There are two ways to sync your Tile account with your Google Home.
Using the Google Home App:
- Launch the Google Home app on your mobile device
- Hit the 3-bar icon in the top left corner of the app
- Select "Explore". You will then be re-directed to the Google Assistant app
- In the Google Assistant app, scroll down to the section called "Arts and Lifestyle". This is where the Tile action lives!
- Select the Tile action and hit the blue "Link" button.
- Our Tile log in page will appear. Enter in your Tile account email and password to log in!
- Once you log into your Tile account, you will be redirected back to Google Assistant.
- Then, say "Ok Google, ask Tile to find my keys."
- Google Assistant will respond with a message confirming it is communicating with the Tile app. It will say something like, "Sure. Let's get Tile" or "Okay. Here's Tile".
- Now, your Tile will ring! And Tile is successfully linked to Google Assistant and Google Home.
- If you have multiple Tiles on the same kind of item - for example, if you have two sets of keys with a Tile on both sets - you will have to identify to Google which keys you would like it to ring by saying, "Select First" or "Select Second".
Using the Google Assistant App:
- If you are an Android user, please make sure Google Assistant is enabled on your phone. If you are an iPhone user, please make sure you have the Google Assistant app downloaded from the app store!
- Tap on the App directory icon - it's a blue and white circle/rectangle next to headphones icon in upper right corner
- Scroll down to "Arts & Lifestyle" and tap on "More"
- "Tile" will appear within list and tap on "Tile"
- Tap "Link" to set up your Tile account
- Link will load Tile's web login site, where you enter your Tile account login information
- After signing in, the page will autoload back to Tile's app directory page
- Then cycle to Google Assistant's main page to allow you to test features
How do I ring my Tile and/or phone using Google Home?
For Google Home: simply say "Ok Google, ask Tile ____ "
- To ring your Tile: Simply say "Ok Google, ask Tile to ring my Keys" or substitute your Tile's specific name at the end.
- To ring your phone: Say "Ok Google, ask Tile to find my phone".
To find out the last known location of your Tile: Say "Ok Google, ask Tile where my wallet is"
Please keep in mind that the Tile app does need to be open and running in the background of your device at all times for Google Assistant to be able to communicate with the Tile app.
What's the range?
Your Tile and your mobile device must be within range and connected to each other for Google Home to ring your Tile and phone. Tile's direct range is Bluetooth connectivity range of 30 to 100 feet.
If a family member and I both have our own Tiles with the same name (i.e. Keys), how do I make sure Google Home rings the right Tile?
At this time, only one account can be connected with Google Home. You can easily share Tiles though so they can show up on your family or friends account.
Do I need an internet connection for Google Home to work?
Yes, an internet connection is required for Google Home to talk to your Tiles. Please also ensure that the Tile app and Google's Assistant app are running on your connected smartphone.
What if my Google Home can't connect to and ring my Tile or phone?
Have no fear! We can help! Make sure your Google Home is connected and working by trying another easy action such as checking the weather. If it's still not working, contact us and we will help resolve the issue quickly.
*The Tile action in the Google Home app store is available in the U.S. (except Puerto Rico), Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Please note that although it is available in these countries, only U.S. English language is supported.