Before you change your account email address
- Make sure you have the latest version of your mobile device’s operating system and the Tile app.
- Make sure your cellular or Wi-Fi data connection is working.
- Have your new email address.
- You need to be signed in to your Tile app so you can access your Settings screen. You will be asked to enter your password for security purposes. If you have forgotten your password, visit our Password Recovery page for help. If you need to change your password, remember that passwords are case-sensitive and must include one letter, one number, and be at least 8 characters long.
Note: Password reset emails will be sent to your current Tile account email address, not to the new email address you are trying to set up.
- After you change your account email address, your previous email will no longer be associated with your Tile account. Your Tile app will be updated with your new email and you will have access to your activated Tiles.
Change the email address for your Tile account
- On the home screen of the Tile app, tap Settings at the top right corner.
- For iOS, select Manage Account.
- Select Email.
- On the Email screen, enter your new email address.
- Enter your Tile account password.
- Tap Next. You will receive a confirmation code in the new email address you provided.
- Enter the confirmation code provided in the email. The Tile app then displays the message “Your email address has been changed.” You will also receive an email in your old email address informing you your Tile email address has been updated.
- If you decide not to change your email address, do not enter the confirmation code. Instead, select the Cancel email change link.
If you are unable to change your email address, try our troubleshooting tips.