Tile has partnered with Fitbit to fuel your fitness journey and help you live a healthier life. The Fitbit Inspire 2 comes with built-in Tile finding technology, so you can always keep track of your fitness journey without missing a move. Learn more about the Inspire 2 on the Fitbit website.
How Tile works with Fitbit Inspire 2
Tile finding technology is built into your Inspire 2 device. Once activated, it works like a Tile would:
- Ring your Fitbit Inspire 2
- View your Fitbit Inspire 2's last known location on a map
- Use the Tile Detector
- Enlist the power of the Tile Network
- Find Your Phone
Your Fitbit Inspire 2 utilizes Tile’s Bluetooth tracking technology to ring your Fitbit if it's hiding nearby or see the location of where your Fitbit was last seen, all within the Tile app on your mobile device.
Activate your Fitbit Inspire 2
- Download the Tile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Create and confirm your account (if you don't have an existing Tile account).
- Download the Fitbit app and set up your Fitbit account (if you don't have an existing Fitbit account).
- Launch the Fitbit app and follow the instructions to add your Inspire 2 to your Fitbit app. Keep the Inspire 2 next to your smartphone or tablet. Allow the app to update your Inspire 2 if you are prompted.
- Open the Tile app.
- Tap the + sign at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Under Activate a Tile Enabled Device, select Fitbit.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you're unable to activate, restart both your Fitbit Inspire 2 and your phone before trying again. You can restart your Fitbit Inspire 2 by going into Settings > Reboot Device.
Required settings on your mobile device
The following settings ensure that the Fitbit Inspire 2 works properly with your Tile app:
- Bluetooth set to On
- Location services set to On and Always permission granted to the Tile app
- For iOS, the Tile app must be open and running in the background
Learn more about permission settings that allow Tile finding features to work correctly.
Find your Fitbit Inspire 2
When your ring your Inspire 2 and you can't hear the buzzing sound, use the Tile Detector in the Tile app to see if you’re getting closer or farther away. The larger the green circles, the closer you are to your Fitbit.
If you don’t have your primary mobile device near you or within range, it’s possible to locate your Fitbit Inspire 2 by using a secondary device (if you already have it set up). Note that this is only possible when your primary device is out of range and unable to connect via Bluetooth to your Fitbit Inspire 2.
Find your phone using Fitbit Inspire 2
On your Fitbit, scroll down until you see Find with Tile. Tap Find with Tile, then tap Find my phone. If your phone is nearby and able to connect with your Inspire 2, it will ring.