Set the Tile app to run in the background
This allows the app to update the location of your Tiles continuously.
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Background App Refresh.
- Scroll down to the Tile app and toggle to On.
Note: If the option to turn on Background App Refresh is grayed out, make sure your device’s battery is not set to Low Battery Mode and the permissions and settings on your iOS device are correct.
Check if your Tile app is running in the background of your iOS device
- For devices with a home button, double-press the button to display the currently open apps.
- For devices that do not have a home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen (as if you were going back to the home screen), but this time, hold your thumb or finger on the screen until you see the currently open apps.
- Scroll through the apps that are currently open. If you see the Tile app, it is running in the background.